The Peer Review Program is designed to encourage new hosts to practice showing people around their city so that they can receive the feedback needed to help improve the overall experience they offer to future guests.
- Allows guests to give direct feedback to the host.
- Encourages hosts to be creative on how improve their offering.
- Helps new host receive their first reviews which is important to their long-term success.
You’ve heard the saying “Practice makes perfect”. When you do a quick Google search, you would find a plethora of people who are successful at what they do. But behind these successes are years of hard work, practice and refinement.
The reality is that this saying applies to practically everything we do in life. That’s why we’re introducing the Peer Review program for new hosts on Chumaround. You may have already created a new listing and perhaps you think you’re ready to show visitors around… But are you?
Improve your offering
Hanging out with visitors and showing them around your city isn’t that complex. Afterall, you’ll often be doing the things you already enjoy, but it’s an excellent idea to do a trial run with a friend, family member, neighbor, classmate or anyone you think might enjoy your company for a few hours and perhaps give you some feedback and ideas on how you can make improvements to your new local host gig.
Receive your first reviews
To encourage you to do a practice showing people around, we will grant your peer reviewer an opportunity to add a review of their experience with you.
Why is this important?
Savvy travelers like to book locals that have more reviews or testimonials from other travelers you’ve met. They read the good and the not-so-good, before they make the all-important decision: should I pull out my wallet and book this host?
The immediate benefit of having reviews on your profile page is that they can make your future guests feel more confident in booking you as a local host. The more reviews you have, the more convinced a visitor will be that they’re making the right decision.
How does it work?
- Invite someone to chum around your city and experience your offering.
- Encourage your guest to give you feedbacks so that you can improve your offering for future guests.
- Visit the Chumaround platform. Click the live chat icon and ask the customer service agent for authorization to have your peer reviewers’ (maximum of 3) to rate and review their experience with you.
The Peer Review program is designed to help improve the overall experience of all hosts and their future guests. It is completely FREE for both guests and hosts to participate in this program.