1. ANYONE CAN DO IT: Local hosts are not tour guides; there are no pre-packaged itineraries; and there’s no need to memorize boring scripts. Local hosts simply hang out and have fun experiencing cities with like minded people they connect with on ChumAround. They offer practical advice or share their personal experiences about things like “best bars and restaurants”, “non-touristic spots”, “shopping areas”, “nightlife” etc. Just be yourself and let your guests discover the city you love.
2. BOOST YOUR INCOME: One of the main draws of becoming a local host is that it can be a great way to supplement your existing income or earn some extra money whilst meeting new people and doing the things you love to do. Whether you are already engaged in full-time employment, are looking for something to fill a few empty hours each week, or see hosting as a full-time career, there is vast potential for money making as a local host. On Chum Around, you determine how much you want to make and can set your hourly rate accordingly. For every hour you’re out exploring and having fun, you’ll be earning.
3. PICK YOUR HOURS: Unlike with most jobs, hosting is extremely flexible and really works around you and your availability. You don’t have to work rigid hours and if you need to have a day or even week off, that’s entirely up to you. You are completely in control of how little or often you work, although many hosts find that they build up such a good rapport with their guests and actually want to work more and more hours.
4. CONNECT WITH LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE: The ChumAround platform is designed in a way that encourages people with similar interests to connect. When you create your personal profile and host page, you will be encouraged to share things about your life, hobbies, and interests. This will make it easy for people that share similar interests to find and connect with you. When this occurs, not only will you be able to connect with like-minded people, but you will find yourself earning money by simply doing the things you already love to do!
5. ADD SKILLS TO YOUR CV: Hosting affords you the opportunity to develop a whole range of skills on your CV. The flexibility of private one-to-one hosting means you can work around your schedule whilst hosting a diverse set of guests. Depending on your interests and the interests of the people you host, you can gain experience in many different subjects, or even put a second language to use. In this way, hosting allows for an unusual set of experiences to put on your CV which is very likely to improve employability prospects in the future.
6. ENJOY A REWARDING EXPERIENCE: Local hosts frequently comment on the satisfaction they feel when they connect with like-minded people and chum around their cities. It allows you to rely on both their knowledge of the city to create an amazing experience for their guests. The role of a local also enables you to really develop your interpersonal skills. When you host, you are constantly in dialogue with your guests and are able to cultivate a unique relationship with them, one that proves extremely rewarding when your guests.